- We got this lovely message today from a lady called Colette who visited AHAR fro…
We got this lovely message today from a lady called Colette who visited AHAR from Lancashire, England last Sunday – thank you so much Colette for your kind words!
Hi Guys, I just had to message you.
I dropped by last week with my nephew Enda and my son Dominic, while you were all busy at the dog show, I should have guessed you'd all be there, but Liam and Annie had a brilliantly warm welcome for us and Liam showed us round.
We were completely moved by the fact that Suzanne you have essentially given your home and life over to the work you do, rescuing and caring for all these animals. You are genuinely an inspiration and a legend. Of course you inspire others to help, even without meeting you that is obvious.
We were welcomed first by your fantastic pack of dogs, with wags, hugs and kisses! It was awesome. Then we met all the rescues you've got with you, including the world famous Passion. For all she has been through she was the sweet, gentle girl you always described, it was a privilege to stand beside her and to stroke her fragile frame.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the work you do, never stop, you are shining light. All of you. I will always do what I can to support you. I wish I could have taken a scooped armful of the dogs away with me too, maybe some day I'll be able to rescue another dog too.
Colette Emery (Lancashire) xxx
- Just a quick reminder that there’s still time to sign up for the Sponsored Tande…
Just a quick reminder that there’s still time to sign up for the Sponsored Tandem Skydive for AHAR, which is being held in Galway on Saturday 7th September using the fantastic team from Skydive Ireland.
Full details of how to register can be found at http://ahar.ie/skydive/
Doing a spectacular thing like this is a great way to raise money through SPONSORSHIP, and it creates a lot of interest because it’s so dramatic and daring – and most importantly, it will be great craic and a great day out.
34 people are already signed up including a number of celebrities (headed by our amazing patron Sharon Shannon) but there is still plenty of room on the Skydive Ireland planes. So if you are interested in taking the plunge (quite literally in this case!), strapped to an experienced skydiver, register today – the initial registration fee is just €30 but you will have to raise €480 in order to do the skydive.
Here are the details of what you have to do –
1. Register with Skydive Ireland (€30) at http://www.skydiveireland.ie/packages-charity.php – make sure you choose “AHAR” and use booking reference number CH-GP-1885 – very important! You can also sign up by post, online or phone, details on Skydive Ireland’s website.
2. Register with iDonate at http://www.idonate.ie/user-registration.html to set up your own personal online sponsorship card.
3. Visit our AHAR event page on iDonate – https://www.idonate.ie/988_ahar-ireland.html – and click “Start Fundraising” next to the “Skydive for AHAR” event
4. Pay €240 to Skydive Ireland by 1st September
5. The AHAR funds (minimum of €240 plus anything raised above the €480 figure) must be brought on the day in a Bank Draft, Postal Order or Cheque made out to AHAR,- NOT Skydive Ireland. Skydive Ireland does not accept funds made out to them or cash. Full payment must be made to AHAR on the day or you will not be allowed to jump. iDonate.ie receipts and receipts for funds submitted directly to AHAR will be accepted.
We would love to get at least 50 people doing the Skydive so hurry up and register if you have been thinking about it and you can start your fund-raising! And many thanks and he very best of luck to all those who are already on board!
- Fantastic news. The legendary Jazz/Blues/Contemporary singer Honor Heffernan wil…
Fantastic news. The legendary Jazz/Blues/Contemporary singer Honor Heffernan will be making a guest appearance at the Mick Hanly gig at O Riadas Bar in Castleisland on Friday August 16th at 9pm all in aid of Animal Heaven Animal Rescue. Honor has been critically and publicly acclaimed worldwide as a singer who's versatility and superior vocal mentality means she is comfortable singing anything from Jazz and Blues to Rock and Folk. She has appeared in Londons Royal Albert Hall with the royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Choral Society attended by Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
She appears regularly at the Cork Jazz Festival and is one of the attractions there. She has also starred in Glenroe and Fair City as well as many stage productions.
This gig will be a sell out . Tickets from O Riadas or phone 0667137761. Please share. Thanks and take care. Ted.
- Hammy has a Forever Home!
Hammy, the beautiful black flat-haired retriever, p…Hammy has a Forever Home!
Hammy, the beautiful black flat-haired retriever, pictured here on the right, has found his forever home with the lovely Sarah O'Neill.
Sarah has always been a great supporter of AHAR, helping out in lots of ways, and she kindly offered to foster Hammy after he was recovering from an operation.
Well he has fitted in so well that Sarah has become a 'failed' fosterer and will be keeping Hammy forever – he's a very lucky boy who has definitely landed on his paws!
- Please help save a life by donating just €3 a month. It makes a huge difference…
- Faith, Hope and Chance. They are so beautiful.
- Faith and Chance..
- Hope and Faith. Windys pups.
- Caught you Milly :0)
A walk with Passion.
The one thing i really look forward to after a hard day… is my long walk in the beautiful bog with Passion and the dogs. She looks stunning. I cant wait for her to be the perfect weight. She loves to walk and munch on the grass as she goes….
|Hammy Has A Forever Home!||What’s Happening: August 6, 2013|
|Hammy Has A Forever Home!|
|What’s Happening: August 6, 2013|